Share This Article
Lucid dreaming takes time and practice to learn. By regularly practicing the following techniques, you can train your brain to know how to lucid dream easy and fast.
In addition to the techniques we’ll cover, here are some important suggestions that will increase your chances of lucid dream control:
- Keep a Dream Journal: The first habit to start today is to keep a dream journal. Leave a notebook and pen by your bed and write down everything you remember the moment you open your eyes. It may be hard to wake up and write your dreams by hand. Alternatively, Dreambook Journal may help you with that! Dreambook Journal is an application where you can take notes about your sleep patterns and the dreams you’ve had to become aware of them and to practice how to lucid dream fast.
- Have a healthy lifestyle: Lucid dreaming involves having good quality sleep. As a reminder, an adult needs at least eight hours of sleep in a dark and calm environment. For optimal sleep, turn off all screens at least two hours before going to bed, also avoid eating heavy, limit your consumption of caffeine or sugar as these substances disrupt the sleep stages.
- Make your bedroom hospitable: Dreams occur during REM, the last stage of your sleep cycle, which occurs during the second half of the night. For the fastest way to lucid dreams, you need to enjoy more restful sleep to ensure you get as much REM as possible.
Lucid Dreaming in 5 minutes: The Best Techniques
Now let’s see the best techniques to get better at how to lucid dream in 5 minutes. It requires a little training, but they have demonstrated their effectiveness, including in scientific circles.
1. The Night Journal Technique
This technique may seem simple, but it is very effective if you show persistence for the long term. It is about waking up during a REM sleep phase. When you lie down on your back to go to bed, set your alarm to your time asleep plus 6 hours; put your dream journal next to you. It is likely that the ringing will surprise you in a dream. Resist the urge to dive back into your dream and write down all the details you can remember. Since your dream is recent, you will have more than in the morning. Then set your alarm clock to your time to fall asleep plus an hour and a half, which is the time for a new sleep cycle. When you wake up, write down once again any dreams that you have had and continue this way until the end of the night.
2. Voluntary interruption of sleep
This technique consists of deliberately interrupting your night’s sleep to promote lucidity at the time of the onset of REM sleep. Since it involves ringing your alarm clock in the middle of the night, you best practice it in a room where you are alone so as not to disturb others. To put it into practice, you need to have the most accurate idea of how long you take to fall asleep. Lie comfortably, set your alarm clock five hours after your time to fall asleep, for example if you fall asleep in 20 minutes, and it is 11 p.m. when you go to bed, set your alarm for 4:40 a.m. Put it in a place where you will need to make a little effort to reach it so that you don’t just stain it with a wave of your hand. When the alarm rings, get up and for a few minutes. Then go back to bed and sleep again. You will quickly enter the REM phase of sleep, increasing your chances and learning how to lucid dream fast tonight.
3. Self-induced Memory
The goal of this technique is to play on a mechanism called memory induction. While this term may sound complicated, it simply refers to intentionally remembering to do something in the future. If you say to yourself, “Before I go home, I will buy some bread”. You repeat this phrase several times in your head and when you are on your way home, a small voice suddenly tells you to buy bread. So, to find out how do you lucid dream fast, lie down comfortably in your bed and relax. Close your eyes, repeating the following sentence to yourself continuously until you fall asleep: “The next time I dream, I will remember what I am dreaming”. At the same time, visualize yourself having a lucid dream with the scenario of your choice. Try to keep this mental image as clear as possible until the moment you feel yourself sliding into the arms of the morpheme. If you wake up spontaneously in the night, repeat the same mantra to yourself until you fall asleep again. Over time, you will induce the same mental reflex that prompts you to remember things when you are awake, and you will be able to have lucid dreams.
I wanted a quick way for lucid dreaming. It is hard for me to try other ways but dream journal. Using dream journal is effective and easy I think. I realized that the more I write the more I have control them.